How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Can you sell your car to a dealership? Yes, you can. Most dealers in the Providence, RI area will offer to buy your current car from you through a buyback program or when you come in to buy a new vehicle. How does selling your car to a dealership work? Find out in this guide from MINI of Warwick. Then, if you’re ready to sell your car, come on down to our dealership today!
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Can I sell my car to a dealership? Selling your car to a Cranston, RI-area dealership like MINI of Warwick is easy and hassle-free. Here are a few steps that will help you learn how to sell a car at a dealership and get the best value for your vehicle:
- Clean Your Car: Having your car washed and detailed, and replacing small parts like windshield wipers or floor mats is a great way to increase the value of your vehicle before you bring it to the dealership.
- List the Benefits Of Your Car: Along with providing a detailed history of the maintenance record of your vehicle, listing the additional features and accessories will increase the value of your vehicle and make it more appealing to dealerships.
- Bring Along the Car’s Title: Having your vehicle’s title ready when you sell it will save time on the dealer’s end and get you your offer faster.
- Research Your Car’s Value: Using tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership will help you get a fair market estimate on the trade-in value of your car. You can use this number to negotiate your price or get an approximate value for what the dealer is willing to buy your car for.
- Choose Your Dealership Wisely: If you have a gently used, newer vehicle you’ll find that most Newport, RI dealerships will buy it regardless of their inventory or the car’s initial condition. However, if you have an older model car then you may find it’s easier to sell it at a dealership that specializes in used cars instead.
How to Sell Your Car at a Dealership: What to Expect
Once you have prepared your car for sale, here’s what you can expect the rest of the process to be like:
- Make an Appointment: While you are certainly free to drop into a dealership and sell your car, it’s best to make an appointment beforehand, so the dealer can have the proper documents ready.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealerships will direct you to a Used Car Manager or a salesperson to handle the sale. They’ll collect your information, then run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: Either the Used Car Manager will inspect your vehicle, or they’ll have it taken to their service center for an inspection of its quality and mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: Based on what the dealership offers you, you can accept the offer or go to another dealership to see if you can get a better offer.
Benefits of Selling Your Car
Selling your vehicle to a dealership offers multiple benefits:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: To sell your car privately you’ll have to list your car online, field inquiries from potential buyers, and arrange test drives. It can take weeks if not months to actually sell the vehicle. When you sell to a dealership like MINI of Warwick, the whole process will take only an hour or so to complete.
- Lower Your New Car Price: Using your vehicle as a trade-in allows you to apply your current vehicle’s value towards the purchase of the new vehicle or used car of your choice. This allows you to offset the price of your next vehicle or significantly lower your monthly payments.
- Save on Your Taxes: When you trade in your current vehicle and purchase another vehicle from MINI of Warwick, you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
Sell Your Car to MINI of Warwick Today!
Can I sell my car to a dealership? Knowing how to sell your car to a dealership can make upgrading to a new vehicle easier than ever. Whether you are looking to sell your vehicle outright or are interested in trading it in for a brand new MINI Cooper, the team at MINI of Warwick is here for you. Contact us if you’re interested in selling your current vehicle, or stop by today and talk to one of our sales representatives! You can also browse our car buying tips to learn more.
More from MINI of Warwick
Ready to upgrade your Providence, RI-area commute behind the wheel of an exciting MINI Cooper crossover SUV? There are six unique 2023 MINI Cooper Countryman trim levels to choose from, each offering a wide range of features and the exhilarating performance that has become a hallmark of the MINI brand. In this guide from MINI of Warwick, we’ll…
The 2023 MINI Cooper is not only stylish and fun to drive, but also comes loaded with features that will keep you connected and entertained on Cranston, RI-area roads and beyond. In this guide from MINI of Warwick, we’ll take a closer look at the MINI Cooper 2 Door interior and the MINI Cooper 4 Door interior,…
The MINI Cooper hardtop 2-door is the epitome of big things coming in small packages. Despite this model’s compact exterior, it sports a surprising amount of interior space for your Providence, RI commute. Check out the MINI Cooper 2-door interior features with MINI of Warwick, and get a look inside this compact vehicle for yourself when you…